Monday, July 23, 2012

Why is it that...

My two most awful (aka, lacking the most sleep) nights of sleep I can remember in the last year or so, are both at my brother's house? And that includes girls camp. At least there when I got no sleep one night it was intentional. Last night was horrible. I was sweating rivers, as my brother's house was about 83 degrees all night. Also, there were mosquitoes, which means I'm sporting about four new mosquito bites. And the water here tastes quite strange, so I've been thirsty since about midnight last night. Throw in some world class tossing-and-turning, not falling asleep until at least three thirty or four in the morning and then waking up at about six thirty for another twenty minutes or so of tossing-and-turning, and you've got my night. Oh, and I'm on a weird uncomfortable air mattress with a strange, smelly, sticky-feeling blanket on top of it, with a fly buzzing all around my head. Add it all up and I'm living my own personal type of hell. This is bad. The next time I'm thinking of sleeping over here, someone please talk ke out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment