Saturday, February 4, 2012

That Was Good, That Was Bad

When I was in second grade, I had to write a story.
It was a "That was good, that was bad" story.
Basically, something good happens, and you say "that was good"
Then something bad happens and you say "that was bad."

Today kind of went like that.

I slept until 1:30, getting 12 hours of sleep and it was wonderful.
That was good.

Unfortunately, that meant that I missed a text from Kirsten, inviting me to go to the golf driving range.
That was bad.

Fortunately, I have a car and a license, so I could drive myself to the golf course.
That was good.

Unfortunately, I have a horrible sense of direction and had no idea how to get there.
That was bad.

Fortunately, my parents did know how to get there, so they gave me directions.
That was good.

Unfortunately, during all of their directing, they never told me to go North on State Street instead of South.
That was bad.

So, I started on my way, trying to get to the golf course.
And I went South on State Street.
Through Orem, through Provo, all the way till it turned into 500 West.
Then I somehow ended up on University, which I followed.
And it took me to the freeway, which I didn't realize I was on until I was on it.
I ended up in Springville.

Tearfully, I called my mom and asked what went wrong.
Upon which time, I was alerted to the fact that I was supposed to go North.

Fail.

Fortunately, I was in a part of Springville from where--miraculously--I knew how to get home.
That was good.

Unfortunately, at this point, I had missed my chance to go to the driving range with Kirsten.
That was bad.

Fortunately, my mom texted and said I could buy a frosty with the money she'd given me.
That was good.

Unfortunately, when I ordered, I forgot to ask for a vanilla frosty.
That was bad.

Fortunately, when I got home, I got a text from my friend Heather asking if I wanted to earn some money.
That was good.

Unfortunately, well...it wasn't super unfortunate. But I did feel tired, and worn out.
That was kind of bad.

Fortunately, they took those of us working to Texas Roadhouse to eat.
That was good.

Unfortunately, there were a gajillion people there already.
That was bad.

Fortunately, Heather's mom called ahead, so we only had to wait 10 minutes.
That was good.

Unfortunately, I was water deprived for a while, and my food was odd.
But that wasn't too bad.

Fortunately, during that night, I earned $35 and had a lot of fun sorting papers.
That was good.

Unfortunately, I still had to drive myself home. I dislike driving.
That was bad.

Fortunately, when I arrived home, a smoothie from my aunt was waiting.
That was good.

Unfortunately, the smoothie was way coconut-y, which I don't like.
That was bad.

Fortunately, I had a little cake and I was allowed to get online to watch Psych.
That was good.

Final score: The fortunatelys have it, just barely. The day gets about a 5/10.
Anyway, it was stressful, but balanced by fun...and money.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha oh man, you make me laugh. and don't worry, maybe next time I'll give you a ride to the driving range?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would probably be a good idea ;)

    ReplyDelete